Friday and Saturday we continued on a downward spiral. Saturday the Doctors and nurses were quite concerned, to the point of quizzing Dwight (and I) on his DNR. I left for lunch, a nap and off to work not knowing if I would get a phone call of bad news.
The Doctors decided Dwight was sleeping too much because of the pain meds he is on. Also the baclifin, that he has been on for years. They lowered and stopped some of them. A Doctor from his family practice noticed that he hadn't had one of the IV antibiotics since Wednesday and wrote orders for it and another one that he has had in the past.
This morning he is conversing, not quite normal, but understanding our questions and giving good answers, slowly. They are going to replace the dialysis ports tomorrow and do dialysis. Maybe, maybe.....back to Mill Run soon.
I am not going to count any of it as a 'for sure'. I would love it to happen, but I know my husbands health is still percarious and will take one day, one hour at a time. Dwight belongs to the Lord and we both are at peace with whatever the Lord chooses for us.