Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Tale Continues

Surgery was set for 9:50 AM. We were here by 8:00 AM. He was taken to surgery at 11:00 AM. It was to be an hour surgery. At 1:00 PM I was called to consult with the Dr.

He thinks he got it all out of the right kidney, but there seems to be a blockage and he is calling in Dr Brown to fix it. (Oh and there might be fragments left in the left kidney.)

At 1:10 PM I signed papers and was told it would take 15 - 30 minutes to fix it. Two hours later I am having a very hard time not being anxious. (Philippians 4:6) and let God be God (Philippians 4:13). Was sitting with a sister in the Lord who told me to claim James 5:13-16.

It seems that where the stones were sitting a the base of the kidney, for some reason, it grew scar tissue. Dr Brown (and someone whose name I did not catch) tired to break through, but were unable--as is the norm with my husband, it was too tough. It will need to be removed by laser. The laser needs requested from off campus and the correct operating room reserved. He wants to do this Friday, but doesn't know if everything will work out.

I must say, Dr Brown is great.

Hope also to see his wound care Dr while he is here at Grant Hospital.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

prayers continued!!

Kristen said...

Agreed! Dr. Brown is wonderful! I hope he is there for all of Dad's future appts/surgeries/whatever else happens!

Love You Mom!!!

My favorite movie quote is, "Breathe, Just Breathe." From 'Ever After', I often have to tell myself that, and when I do, I am reminded of the verse Psalm 46:10, "Be Still, and Know That I Am God". One Day at a time! God is in control!!