Thursday, January 5, 2012

What to do?

I can not honestly say I am seeing any improvements in Dwight. He is alittle more awake, but not totally understanding what is being said to him. It could be that the board spectrum meds just aren't doing much because he is resistant to them, or it could be that he is just so bad.

One Doctor has suggest one extreme that I don't believe Dwight could handle, and is a kinda like locking the barn door after the horse is stolen. Another Doctor suggest something totally in the opposite direction. They can't be further apart. I just don't know what to do. I have prayed with no answer. I have searched the scripture and felt like I was studying a math book when it is a history test I am going to take. I have prayed some more. Mostly, "God this is your man, your servant. You know better than any Doctor what is going on and what needs done. Please show us your will." And I wait, we all wait. It is hard on all of us: wife, children, in-law children and grandchildren, and extended family. My Mom worries so and wants to be here.

They finally got a result from the urine culture this AM and will start on a new antibiotic. We will see. How much more must my dear husband suffer? I love him so and miss the 'real Dwight'.

God, please, show us what is your Will.

2 comments:

Cindy Campitelli said...

Continued prayer for all of you.

Hollie said...

Susie, my heart goes out to you at this time. I know it is so difficult to be in that position. I am praying that God will give the drs. wisdom and help you know what is the right thing to do. May you find a peace in knowing that Dwight is in God's care. Please keep me posted and I'll be praying for you, Dwight and your family.