Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Two Steps Forward, Two Steps Backward

Not sure if I have the count right, could be two forward, three back. Or one forward, two back, or one and one. Just seems that we are not gaining any ground this week.

Dialysis went fine last week. Yesterday (Monday) he only got one good hour then everything stopped. After putting something into the dialysis port that is supposed to open up the internal blockage there was no success. One out of four hours, after two days off. Not good.

So it is off today, Wednesday, to have have the ports replaced, again. Therefore his wound care Dr visit is postponed till next Wednesday.

The fistula is growing well in Dwight's upper left arm and may be able to be used in early May. Good news.

Step back, although is Spring, normally Dwight is able to handle his pain better Spring and Summer. But his mattress has been changed and is not overly comfortable and he has had to have his pain meds increased. To rent the mattress he was using is almost $400 a month and is not covered, it would be out of pocket. We are trying to find out purchase cost, but haven't gotten a response yet. It has to be handled by the nursing home, and I don't think it is a priority to them. Hopefully we will hear soon.

Dwight is enjoying the spring flowers I have been able to take in. Also, Friday Isaac and I took in the kittens and he fell head over heels in love with one the fluffy grey one. I was told that that little sweetheart was to stay with us and visit him often. So, I now have another beautiful grey kitten. Named him Snookzie. He is a real sweetie, sleeping with me as I type.

1 comment:

Pink (AKA Lucia) said...

Snookzie is such a cute name for a kitty!

I hope your husband continues to recover well. I wish him good luck and will keep him in my thoughts!