Thursday, March 4, 2010

Tale of Two Coffee Pots

As our adventure with Dwight's latest health challenge was becoming into full steam my old faithful peculator (at least 25 yrs old) decided to add to our frustration level. It would just randomly shut it's self off, problem is, it doesn't have a shut off. It is either plugged in or it isn't.

I made mention of this frustration in one of my posts in January. Thought no more of it. Was just a passing complaint. Or so I thought.

Two days later I came home from work about 5:30, opened the front door to get the mail and caused both a UPS driver and myself to jump a few inches off the ground. He only on the first step and I wasn't expecting anyone to be on my porch.

We both weakly, and with slight embarrassment, smiled at each other. He handed me a box with 'have a good day.' A box, I couldn't remember ordering anything and it wasn't time for any of Dwight's medical supplies----Return address label was from Amazon, I knew I hadn't ordered from them. Supper could wait, I had to see what was in the box----------------a new peculator--------------and no card. But I had a good idea who was responsible, after all I do know the Amazon Queen.

It makes a very good cup of coffee (or eight), and of course is used everyday. Haven't had a chance to serve the Amazon Queen a cup yet, both of our life's have been on crazy paths lately....

Maybe this weekend. Thank you, dear daughter.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

so sweet :)

HennHouse said...

Love you, Mom.

I would love a cup of coffee... after Easter. I gave up coffee for Lent.

Amy said...

I appreciate your PO very much the picture with the article. Continues to refuel!!