Saturday, May 24, 2008

More Truths

8. The blood of Christ is sufficient to cover all my sin. (2 John 1:7)

9. The cross of Christ is sufficient to conquer my sinful flesh. (Romans 6:67 --I don't have to sin--Romans 6:14

10. My past does not have to plaque me. (1 Cor 6:9-11)
**My past failures can become stepping stones to greater victory and fruitfulness.
**If I will let Him, God will cause everything that has happened to me to work together for
my good and for His glory.

11. God's Word is sufficient to lead me, teach me, and heal me. (Psalms 19:7; 107: 20; 119:105)

12. Through the power of His Holy Spirit, God will enable me to do anything that He commands
me to do. (1Thess. 5:24)
**There is no one that I cannot forgive. Mark 11:25
** There is no one that I cannot love. Matthew 5:44
**I can give thanks in all things. 1 Thess 5:18
** I can be content. Hebrews 13:5; Philippians 4:11

13. I am responsible before God for my behavior, responses, and choices. (Ez 18:19-22)

14. I will reap whatever I sow. (Galatians 6:7-8)

15. The pathway to true joy is to relinquish control. (Luke 1:38; 1 Peter 5:7; Matthew 16:25)
**of my life
** of my husband
** of my children
** of my circumstances

16. The greatest freedom I can experience is found through submission to God-ordained
authority. (Ephesians 5:23)
** The husband is the head of the wife Ephesians 5:23
**The wife is to reverence and submit to her husband Ephesians 5:22, 23
**The heart of the king is in the Lord's hand....Proverbs 21:1

17. In the will of God, there is no higher, holier calling than to be a wife and mother.
Titus 2:4-5

18. Personal holiness is more important that temporal happiness. Ephesians 5:26-27
**Happiness is not a right.

19. God is more concerned about changing me and glorifying Himself, than about solving my
problems. Romans 8:29.

20. It is impossible to be godly without suffering.
**Suffering is a tool in the hand of God to conform me to the image of Jesus. 1 Peter 5:10

21. My suffering will not last forever. 2 Cor. 4:17-18, Psalms 30:5

22. "It's not about me. It's all about Him. Colossians 1:16-18

"If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free." John 8:31, 32

From Revive Our Hearts. www.ReviveOurHearts.com

I must say, I did not expect to feel the conviction that I have felt in writing this to share with you. I have been a Christian I long time, and I know (and have taught) that it is a continual, growing process. But I didn't realize how I have drifted and have not been listening to God's voice. I now must spend some time in confession, reading all these scriptures, prayer and allowing God to help me get back on His path. I look forward to any of your comments and sharing's.

1 comment:

Sam said...

It was such a blessing that you added that personal comment at the end. I was actually wondering what your personal thoughts were pertaining to those entries. Good stuff, Mom. Know I pray for you every day and that I thank the Lord every day you are my Mom.