Sunday, July 29, 2012

Time Out

Really, time off.

Side bar first, as I sat to write this I decided to check on a couple blogs first.  Got to one and no further as I am sitting here with tears running down my face--I read my son, Sam's blog where he shared his day and his missing of Dwight.  There is a link to his blog on the right.

I have requested a month off from work to get many things done.  A list resides in my mind, I will get it (or them) on paper soon.  Number one is just time alone to process the last two years.  The kidney failure and the life in the nursing home, and lots of hospital stays.

I will finally get to Pennsylvania and order our headstone.  And, if I can find it, visit the Shirey Cemetery.  I sprinkle Dwight's ashes where he requested.  I will visit my family in Falconer, New York.  And lots more, maybe I won't get everything done.....

But I really need some time off---alone.  Maybe a few days at Lake Erie, one of OUR favorites.

2 comments:

Hollie said...

Susie, contact me when you come to PA. Would love to meet you for coffee...even it's for just an hour.

Jeffrey and Melissa said...

Lots of hugs being sent your way :)